Student Visa Guide for International Students
The below is a Student Visa Guide for International Students Applying for any of Lite Regal Education Courses
Most of the Student arriving from the outside of the European Union and Switzerland will require a Visa to study in the UK. To check if you need a visa please check the UK Government Website :
Short Term Study Visa
You can apply for a short Term Visa if you :
Have been accepted on a Course of Study at Lite Regal Education
You are Non Visa National County (for example USA , Hong Kong Japan , United Arab Emirates) and from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
To check if you need a visa please check the UK Government Website -
Types of Short Term Study Visa
If you are 18 and Older Short Term Study Visa (Adult)
If you are Under 17 Short Term Study Visa (Child)
Please Note if you are applying for the Summer Programme at Lite Regal On the Online application form please request Short Term Study for 6 months AND not TIER 4 Visa
What you can and can not do with a Short Term Student Visa
You can :
- At Lite Regal Education Study at a on a Course for 6 months or less. This includes any exchange Summer School Programme or any distance learning Course.
- At Lite Regal Education Study an English Language Course for a maximum of 11 months.
- You can Volunteer for a registered Charity eg National Health Service Hospital
You cannot :
- Exchange to a Tier 4 Visa in the UK
- you cannot work.
- You cannot Extend you Stay whist in the UK and must return home after the completion of your studies.
- Bring dependants
Here are some Tips and Useful Information when applying for for a Short Term Student Visa
The fees are currently £93 for 6 months or £179 for 11 months
You will need :
- Letter of Enrolment from Lite Regal Education or Confirmation of Study Stating that Course ha been Paid for and Course Details
- Source of Funds
- Bank statements or Wages for yourself / Parents / Financial Sponsor. You must show that you can support yourself during your Course in the UK and provide Bank Statements or wage slips from your Employee – if you are Under 18 or have a financial Sponsor then your Parents or Financial Sponsor will need to provide these documents
- Currently the recommended minimum amount you should have is £1024 per month of intended study.
How long Does it take to receive a Short Term Study Visa
It is important to apply with enough before your course to enable the British consulate to Process and grant your Visa.
You can apply up to 3 months before you Course Start Date
Some British Consulates process visas quicker than others but you should get a decision on your visa application within 3 weeks. Some Countries also have an express or premium service which for an additional fee Visas for the UK can be processed within 24 hours.
Documents you will need when you apply for your Short Term Visa
- Letter of Enrolment or Confirmation of Studies from Lite Regal
- Bank statement or Wage Slips ( 6 months ) from your yourself or your Parent or Guardian or Sponsor
- You need to have your fingerprints and photograph (known as ‘biometric information’) taken at a
- Visa Application Center as part of your application.
For any problems or Questions regarding any aspect of you Visa Application please contact our Visa Assistance Team at Lite Regal Education