LITE Regal Film Academy course allows you to pursue your interests in film making in a fully integrated programme of study. For the course in filmmaking and screenwriting, you are taught by film professionals and tutors with extensive industry experience. You gain hands-on practical training in all aspects of film production, including camera work, editing, lighting, scriptwriting, and production management. You produce group films (learning how to work as a team) as well as creating a personal short film bringing all the knowledge gained on the course.
You will be required to make a short film, using the knowledge you have gained during the course.
For the course in film-making and screenwriting, you are taught by film professionals and tutors with extensive industry experience. You gain hands-on practical training in all aspects of film production, including camera work, editing, lighting, script writing, and production management. You produce group films (learning how to work together as a team) as well as creating a personal short film bringing all the knowledge gained on the course in film studies.
You will learn about 5 stages of film making and have hands on experience at each stage:
- development: the first stage in which the ideas for the film are created, and the screenplay is written. Financing for the project has to be sought and greenlit
- pre-production: preparations are made for the shoot, in which cast and film crew are hired, locations are selected and sets are built
- production: the raw elements for the film are recorded during the film shoot
- post-production: the images, sound and visual effects of the recorded film are edited
- distribution: the finished film is distributed and screened in cinemas and / or released to home video
You will work individually and in groups to bring class studies into reality by producing a short film and this programme will include:
- 21+ hours per week of lessons and workshops
- choose the locations of your shoot
- handle and use the LITE Regal latest HD camcorders, professional series HD broadcasting and production series NX-CAM, XD-CAM and AVCHD advanced coding video high definition
- shoot on locations and get used to using lighting and sound equipment and edit / produce your short film
- use and edit films using video editing software on macs and visual effects VFX - Adobe Premier Pro CS6, final cut
Film Studies Field Visit
For the 2018 Summer Season Lite Regal has secured a field visit to DNEG and Prime Focus which will show student how VFX and Film making are produced in Award winning Company. Prime Focus World (PFW) are the world’s largest independent VFX, stereo conversion and animation company serving the Hollywood film industry. They have won an OSCAR for VFX ON ‘INTERSTELLAR’. Students will be given a unique experience and learn the skills they have learned in the classroom and during “practical shoots” and learn how to combine these skills by watching and learning from industry professionals.