The course is designed for students who are either new or “curious” to acting and performing or for students who have already taken drama classes at school or out of school activities and would like to pursue this further within the beautiful green settings of one of Cambridge Universities College or London Universities College gardens .
The course however is for students who show a passion in developing their acting, singing and dancing abilities.
Through a fusion of the 3 disciplines of acting, singing and dancing students from day one will develop skills in voice, movement and acting. The course is taught by leading industry professionals and is full of inspiring activities that build confidence, teamwork and self-esteem as well as providing the essential skills for the performing arts.
The course is designed to end with the student performance on the final day of the course in front of friends, family, invited guests and staff.
Students will be invited by LITE Regal to see a prominent West End musical and a Shakespeare Play by the Cambridge Shakespeare Festival set annually within Cambridge University grounds.
What students can expect from the Performing Arts & Drama course
- confidence in self-awareness and communication skills through performance
- fusion of the 3 disciplines acting/singing/dancing
- acting through song
- learning & understanding harmonies
- musical theatre & industry knowledge
- performance stamina and technique
- gaining confidence to contribute within a group
- understanding the importance of stage presence
- participation in the end of the course performance in the University auditorium
Romeo and Juliet in St Johns College Gardens, Cambridge
For 2016 : A trip to Roald Dahls “Matilda” by the RSC (Royale Shakespeare Company) in London. Students can use this knowledge gained by watching the performances in their own performances.